Sunday, March 20, 2011

WONDERFUL WEEK

Here it is, Sunday, March 20, 2011 already and supposedly, spring has sprung. I sure don't know where! It's snowing where I live and the temperature is -6C. Perhaps I should book another flight to Cuba!

Anyway, in spite of continued winter-like weather, I had a good week. I have taken up the challenge offered by Barefoot Deliberations and this past week, my dresser and armoire received a thorough revamp. I even lined the drawers with beautiful, lavender-scented paper that I had purchased from Avon two years ago! Now things not only smell wonderful, but I can find my favourite pair of brown dress socks and a sweater that I love to wear but could never find. How's that for organization!

I also make a vow this week: do something about my weight, which has been steadily creeping upwards. I signed on to liverightnow.ca and issued a challenge to lose 15 pounds by June 30, 2011. Since Wednesday, March 16, I have been tracking everything that goes into my mouth and I have been exercising daily in 10-minute increments to total about 40 minutes/day. I do "counter" push-ups and leg raises while supper cooks, I get off my butt and do side bends during commercials on TV and I've been walking around my house 5 or 6 times every hour. I've been going up and down my basement stairs several times a day, even if I don't need anything in the basement. I already feel better and I swear the bra I put on after my shower this morning felt looser! Yahoo!

I am also planning a birthday party for hubby, who turns 65 in May. I have about 51 people (so far) on the guest list and I have a tentative menu: roast baron of beef, baked or roasted potatoes, potato salad, assorted other salads and other vegetables, and, of course, birthday cake. We live in the country and we can make noise and play music all night long if we wish. Many of the neighbours will be invited!

I am looking forward to doing this for him and although it will not be a total surprise - after all, how can I cook a 30-pound roast without telling him something? - I hope some of the guests will surprise him. That's what it's all about, no? Spending special times with people who mean something to you is the best gift I can give him.

No comments:

Post a Comment